- Gear Advice
- What should we review
Want gear advice but don’t know where to start? Send us an email and we will give you suggestions that we feel would work well for you. However, to better understand what gear may work we need you to answer a few simple questions.
Please use “A Better Ski Gear Advice” in the subject line of the email. It makes it easier for us to find, and will allow us to respond quicker.
- Are you looking for skis? Boots? Bindings? Or maybe an entirely new setup?
- What is your ability level? Please be honest here.
- How often do you ski?
- What ski areas do you ski most often? Are the conditions mostly icy? Powder? Groomed?
- What areas of the mountain do you ski? Do you like park? Only ski groomers? Etc…
- Will you want to ride switch?
- How tall are you?
- What is your weight? Again be honest, it will help us pick the right gear for you.
- What is your shoe size?
- What gear do you already own (be as specific as possible)?
The more details you give us about what you’re looking for, the better we can match gear that will work best for you. Also please understand that we will try and answer your questions as soon as possible, but it may take up to several days.
What gear should we review?
Don’t see your favorite gear on the site? Let us know and we would be happy to try and review it.
You want to advertise with us?
Here at A Better Ski we don’t allow gear manufacturers to advertise on our website. Why not? It allows us to remain unbiased in our reviews. We want everyone to know what we really think of the gear we review, not who is paying us the most money to say nice things. We truly let the gear speak for itself.
Got suggestions on how to improve the site? Got a random question? Want to know more about what where doing? Let us know and we will try and answer the best we can.